Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Shea-poo

I purchased Shea moisture's coconut and hibiscus shampoo from target today, and I can't wait for Saturday (my usual wash day) to wash my hair. I've been wanting this shampoo for a while now. I love that it's organic, and right on the side of the bottle there's a full list of all the things you don't want to put in your hair that you won't find in any Shea moisture products.

I know that not all natural's believe in shampooing their hair. Many just co-wash. (Wash their hair with conditioner.) One of the reason's they do that is because shampoo can be harsh and strip the hair of moisture, that's typically put back in the hair though conditioner. Personally, I'm not comfort yet with the concept of not washing/cleaning my hair. While I don't want to strip my hair, I want to clean (remove the product's that I put in my hair all week) my hair. So I think this shampoo could be exactly what I'm looking for, because it's supposed to be moisturizing, without the harsh sulfates, and other undesirable ingredients usually found in shampoo.

I am a little concerned that this shampoo is a moisturizing shampoo, not a clarifying shampoo. From the reviews I've read some people feel that while it makes their hair soft, shiny, and manageable, it doesn't get rid of some of the product build up on their hair. Since I primarily use Shea moisture's curl enhancing smoothie, and curl milk I'm not worried about the shampoo getting those products out of my hair, I'm sure they'll be able to. However I also use Shea butter on my hair, and if this shampoo can get it out of my hair then it'll be exactly what I'm looking for. I'll post a review once I've had a chance to use it for a couple of weeks and let you know howit turns out.

Do you use Shea moisture shampoo? If so, how does it work for you?



2 comments:

  1. for the most part i just co wash, but once in a blue when i use a shampoo, i use shea moisture, i love their products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Shea moisture products too! What do you use to co-wash?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...