Thursday, July 5, 2012

straight story

I honestly didn't think it was going to happen again. When I made the decision to go natural I thought I was going to wear my hair curly everyday for the rest of my life. I thought that what you had to do to protect your curl pattern and keep your hair healthy. I was fine with that decision cause I love curly hair.

Then, just shy of a year into my journey, I happened across a YouTube video, by allthatsgold. I sat awe struck as she successfully straightened her hair and then in her: watch it revert video, I saw her bring back her curl pattern free of heat damage. At that time I had no desire or plans to straighten my hair, but it was nice to know I had the option.

That brings us to this past weekend, when I decided at 21 months into my natural journey, that I was ready to straighten it. I was nervous, and I even avoided using a blow dryer to keep my direct heat to a minimum, (I promise I'll do a post on my straightening process), plus I used a healthy (read: whole freakin lot) amount of heat protectant.

Here's the before. . .

So, here's how it came out after . . . (sorry about the lack of make-up, yikes!)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...