Friday, August 10, 2012

Loose waves


I hadn't done much styling on my hair after straightening it, basically I just wore it down. Which was fun because it was different and a nice break after having my hair curly for so long. But the main reason I just left my hair down was because after all the time, effort, and energy I put into learning how to style my hair in it's natural curly condition, I didn't know what to do with straight hair.

After wearing my hair straight for a week my roots started to get puffy and decided that laying down straight wasn't something it was going to do. So, I had to figure out how to style it.

This is what I came up with. . .



Here's how I did it. . .
The night before, I parted my hair down the middle and put it in two large flat twists using a small amount of Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner. (This is a water based product so you really want to use a small amount or it will cause your hair to revert). Then put on my scarf and went to bed. The next day when I released the twists my hair had a really pretty loose waves. I sectioned off the front and using a side part added two small flat twists. I pulled the ends of the twists across the back of my head and secured them a claw clip.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...