Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hydrate.Moisturize.Seal

This past weekend I was asked how I keep my hair soft. My friend was attempting to wear her hair curly and said that she didn't like how dry and crunchy her hair came out. I have a three step system to keeping my hair well moisturized and soft to the touch. Begin by parting your hair into four sections so that product is evenly distributed to my hair, and follow the steps below. . .


Water is so important to natural hair. I use a spray bottle that I purchased at my local beauty supply to spray water directly onto my strands.


A creamy water based moisturizer is staple product for naturals. There are lots of moisturizing products available, my favorite is the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. It's organic, and keeps my hair soft and manageable.

Now that your hair is moisturized we want to lock that moisture into our strands. To do that I use a mixture of raw Shea Butter (which you can find at your local beauty supply) and oil. The oil can be whatever kind you prefer: Coconut, Jojoba, Argon, Tee Tree, or Olive. I put a small dab of Shea Butter in my hand, add a drop or two of oil, and rub my hands together until my hands are coated with the clear mixture. Then working from my ends to about 3/4 up the hair shaft I apply the Shea Butter/Oil to my hair. To avoid build do not apply to your scalp. You want to focus on your ends.

Then style as desired.

How do you keep your curls moisturized?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...