Sunday, September 9, 2012

Target haul: frizz control products



I like my hair big and fluffy, so when I do my twist outs I separate the strands as much as possible to give myself more volume. The problem I was running into with separating my strands was that I was creating a lot of frizz. I tried coating my hands with olive oil to help control frizz but I still wasn't getting the results I wanted.



On my latest trip to target I picked up some products specifically designed to fight frizz.

Kinky Curly Curling Custard. This product is a natural gel with an interesting consistency. Its lighter than a typical gel and it moisturizes also. It is designed to eliminate frizz and define your curl, and it does exactly what it says. Its the perfect product to use for a wash n go, because it gives a defined curl with minimal shrinkage, which I love. To help reduce shrinkage I use it on damp hair not soaking wet hair.

Curls Curl Paste. I love this product, it is perfectly named. It has a thick paste like texture and gives your hair definition and shine while controlling frizz. I haven't had it long but next I want to see if I can use it to slick my hair back into a puff.

Shea Moisture Hold and Shine Mist. This product is perfect for refreshing curls. I spray it on my hair in the morning to revive my wash and go. It gives my curls definition and shine without weighing them down.

Tresemme Naturals Conditioner. I picked this up because I was out of conditioner. Tresemme is the brand of conditioner that I used before I went natural so I'm glad they came out with a natural collection. I love this conditioner its moisturizing and leaves my hair soft and manageable.



Goody Ouchless barrette. Goodie's Ouchless collection is perfect for naturals. You want to use hair accessories that won't snag or pull on your curls. This soft barrette is a must have for every natural.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...