Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is Thanksgiving day in America, a day where we celebrate family and all the things in the world that we're grateful for. I had a really fun day with my family, I went to my parents house, which lucky for me is just a half an hour away. I love having my parents so close, especially during the holidays.

The great thing about living in Southern California is that the weather today was really nice. So we spent the afternoon in the backyard where my dad, brother, husband, niece, nephew and cousin enjoyed playing Wii golf, basketball, and ping pong.





 my father and my husband love playing Wii Golf, perhaps one day my father will actually beat my husband at this game, but he hasn't so far-LOL! :)

Then of course, it was time to eat! For the first time this year I cooked the turkey! I was so nervous and excited, because I don't do a lot of cooking. We had so much food, my husband cooked macaroni and cheese and corn pudding, there was also ham, dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, greens, fried chicken, and rolls. Not to mention the yummy deserts- red velvet cake, pumpkin and apple pie!

I hope everyone had a wonderful time with their families today! The best part of my day was of course being with the man I'm most grateful for, my husband.





For all the brave people who are headed out for Black Friday sales, I wish you the best of luck, I'm going to be relaxing at home tomorrow. It officially time to start playing Christmas music- just kidding, I've been playing it all month :) Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...