Monday, November 12, 2012

Smoked

The smokey eye an iconic look, and Urban Decay's Smoked pallet is packed with chic colors that are just perfect for achieving that sexy smoldering look.

Being a big fan of Urban Decay's Naked 2 pallet, I had high expectations for the Smoked pallet, and it doesn't disappoint. The sleek zip closure pallet is packed with rich bold colors that are super pigmented. The pallet also comes with a high quality black eyeliner pencil. It was my first experience with an Urban Decay liner and I was really happy with the pigmentation, how smooth and easy it was to apply to my eye, and get a sleek line. Normally, I prefer liquid eyeliner for my upper lash line but this time I made an exception (it was that good!)

Get the Look . . .
Since I was wearing this look during the day, I wanted it to be bold, but not too dark. I began by applying Too Faced shadow insurance eyeshadow primer. The smoked pallet comes with an eyeshadow primer but I'd never tested it before and I have primer issues (I'll explain in a separate post), So i went with my dependable primer. Next I applied Mac's paint pot in painterly as a base.


Then using a flat shader brush I applied Freestyle to my inner eye, using a soft dome brush I applied Rockstar to my crease, blending out the Freestyle color. Using a stiff dome brush I darkened my outer "V" with Blackout. I lined my upper and lower lash line and finished with two coats of L'Oreal's Voluminous Mascara. Too keep the look from being too dramatic I finished the look with NYX's Iris (501) a nude lipstick.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...