Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year! plus a Length Check video

Happy New Year Curlies! I hope everyone had a fun and safe New Year's Eve. It's January, time to start making resolutions and setting goals for 2013. My hair goal for this year is to reach 18 inches of length, which is a reasonable goal because average hair growth is six inches a year.

This will be my third year being natural, and I'm so happy with my decision to go natural. My hair is healthier and longer than its ever been, I've learned more about it than I've ever known before. Never before would I have had the audacity to state how many inches of length I wanted to retain, because before I went natural, I wouldn't have know what to do to reach that goal.

To reach my goal I plan to continue the healthy hair regimen that has helped me retain length so far. I wash my hair once a week, deep condition at least twice a month, finger detangle and use combs/brushes minimally, use only organic products on my hair so that I'm not putting harsh drying products/chemicals on my curls, wearing protective styles to protect the oldest part of hair (the ends), and sleeping in a satin scarf.

Check out the video below for my length check, and be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel, (there will be many more videos in 2013-another one of my resolutions :)

 

What are your hair goals for this year?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...