Saturday, January 5, 2013

Twist out tutorial: defined and voluminous curls

The twist out has been one if my go to styles since I began my natural journey. Similar to a wash in go, it allows me to wear my hair out, the biggest difference I've noticed is that inexperience fewer tangles after wearing my hair in a twist out than in a wash n go.

Using the pineapple method (pulling your hair into a really high, loose ponytail at the crown of your head and sleeping in a satin scarf) a twist out can last all week long-without having to re-twist!

If you're like me, make sure you use gel when doing your twist out because it helps fight frizz, and my hair gets really frizzy.

 

Products used

Moisturizer: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. (This moisturizer is good for medium to thick hair, if you have fine hair the Curl Milk will be a better choice of moisturizer).

Sealant: Shea Butter and Jojoba Oil


Gel: Kinky Curly Curling Custard (Eco styler gel works just as well).

Tip for transitioners

When I wore this style while transitioning I would use rollers to mimic the curls so that my stringy straight ends would match up better. You can purchase small perm rods and roll the ends of each twist.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...