Saturday, February 23, 2013

Missing my curls

It not the first time I've straightened my hair since going natural. However, this is the first time I've had such mixed feelings about the results. On one hand it's really nice to see the length without shrinkage, because I can see how much it has grown. That makes me proud because I've worked very hard to take care of my hair, and its nice to see I haven't been waisting my time. On the other hand this flat, straight, limp hair, has nothing on my frizzy, kinky, curly mane.

I've been natural for more than two years now, and while I expected that I would love my hair, I didn't anticipate how attached I would become to it. Before I went natural I loved to change up my hair. I wore a LOT of wigs and weaves. My hair was a revolving door of lengths, textures, and colors. The only constant about my hair was that I loved to change up my look.

 

When I straightened my hair I was excited, but it took just a few hours before I missed my curls, and realized, I didn't feel like myself without them. One of my favorite bloggers, naptural85 doesn't straighten her hair at all, (and she receives several requests in the comments of her video's to do so), because she says she has no desire to see it straight. Now I understand how she feels.

Do you straighten your natural hair? Do you prefer it straight or curly?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...