Thursday, March 28, 2013

today's hair

When I went natural one of my biggest concerns was styling. But not for the reason you might think. I LOVE to style my hair, I like to change it up often, I've always been that way.
(Quick note: Even though I love to change up my style, one thing that's important to remember is that I'm no longer in the transitioning or 'growing out' phase of my natural journey. I think that when you're in though phases you want to focus on protective and low manipulation styles as not change it up quite as often as I do to avoid breakage. )

My tendency to get easily bored with a styles has lead to one of the most enjoyable parts of blogging for me. On my facebook page I have a feature called "Today's Hair" where I share how I've styled my hair during the week. The inspiration to do this came from a friend of mine, who was bored with her natural hair, because she couldn't think of anything to do with her hair other than wear it down or in two strand twists (which she didn't like).


I'll be honest, prior to starting this feature I didn't change my hair quite this often, but now I constantly have hair on the brain. I literally dream about different hairstyles and it's so much fun!


I hope that the styles I share help to provide a little inspiration the next time you're wondering what to do with your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...