Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Lorac Mega Pro 2 Palette : Soft Plum


 

 
This time last year I was devastated when I couldn't get my hands on the original Lorac Mega Pro Palette. It was a limited edition palette and it sold out before I could buy one. Thankfully they followed up that palette with the Mega Pro Palette 2  ($59) and I picked it up when I was at Ulta this past weekend!


After getting past the excitement of the fact that I could buy it, I stopped to swatch it and make sure I should to buy it.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod13131031
 
The first three columns didn't seem to have enough color range for my complexion, specifically the first column which I assumed would all show up as the same pale white shade. So I stood there in the store and covered up the first three columns and wondered if omitting that part of the palette: was still worth it?
 
What I saw, was that I could use it to do a natural warm tone brown eye, soft plum eye, traditional smoky eye, green or blue smoky eye, and so much more. It was definitely worth it! 
 

 
 
Today I decided to play with the purple shades in the palette and do a soft plum eye.
I'm wearing the shades
  • Lid: Soft Plum
  • Outer V: DK. Sienna
  • Above Crease: Lavender
  • Browbone: Tawny
  • Lower Lashline: Purple
I love that with one palette I can do a very subtle everyday look or a more dramatic smokey eye. I'll definitely be playing with this palette more. The formulation of the Lorac Pro eyeshadows are richly pigmented, and easy to blend. If you can't get the Mega Pro palette try one of the original pro palettes, you'll be glad you did.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...